Monday, February 22, 2016

Non-social media reasons I missed my phone

I lost my phone on Friday after work and just had it replaced today after paying my deductible with T-Mobile (whopping $175 - not bad, better then paying $400+). You would think I would be dying without Facebook, Instagram, or texting, BUT I wasn't. Here are the real reasons:

1. TIME
I don't wear a watch and haven't bought a digital one yet for work, so I use my phone to tell me what time of day it is all the time.

2. NOTES
I always take notes down in my phone for reminders and such.

3. ALARM
I had to use my husband's phone as alarm just to wake up for work on time.

4. LIGHT
The power went out at work and I couldn't walk in certain areas because I couldn't see my hands in front of my face.

5. CALCULATOR
Enough said.

6. WEATHER
Not too much of a big deal because I could just stick my arm and leg outside, but it's nice just being able to check the weather from my bed.

Surprisingly, everything I missed was just basic stuff I take for granted. Dually noted.

Thanks for reading,

3 comments:

  1. I know what you mean. But about a year ago I was phone-less for about 2 weeks. I started to really get used to it, and I noticed I was interacting with people a lot more. I felt more connected with the world around me. It felt nice.... But yeah having to borrow people's phones and using a real alarm clock got old real fast �� And ooooh not having Shazam was killin me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was Dionna by the way.... Idk how to comment lol

      Delete
    2. LOL, I was like...who was that. I definitely did interact with people more. I guess when we have phones our auto-reflex is just to grab it even if it's just to click it on and off.

      Delete