Sunday, September 4, 2016

Healthy, Homemade Dog Treats

My blogpost today is dedicated to my 2 pups, Momo (left) and Sadie Mae (right).

These little guys are the the light of my life and keep me from being super lazy. Nothing compares to the unconditional love that your furry friends can bring; so I decided to bake some snacks for them in the kitchen. 
The first recipe I found on Pinterest is for a simple Peanut Butter Dog Treat by The Simple Life
Click the link for the recipe. 


NOTE: I did just want to say that I had to use a bit more flour because I used an egg (which was optional) and I feel like that made the dough more wet so it would've been impossible to roll out on to the counter. In addition, I didn't have a cookie cutter so I just used something small and round (about 1.5in across) and cut out small circles. I ended up only having to bake the biscuits for about 10min at 350 degrees.
The second recipe I found on Pinterest was for Homemade Sweet Potato Chews by Pet Coupon Savings. Click the link for the recipe.


NOTE: Instead of olive oil, I used coconut oil. Read up about it and it's good for dogs and adds health benefits internally and externally.
ALSO, I tried a piece and it was delicious. Might make some to snack on myself.
Happy baking & thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment