Friday, February 5, 2016

The Compromises of Marriage

My husband and I have only been married a little over a year now and I've learned a some things.

1. Patience is your best friend.
When I ask him to do the chores, I shouldn't expect him to just drop everything he's doing if it's not exactly time sensitive.

2. Be slow to anger, fast to love.
When I get annoyed, I need to take a breath and sometimes even ask if I understood something he said in the right way instead of just jumping to conclusions (as I always do...old habits die hard).

3. Communication is key.
Texting can only bring you so far. Be verbal.

4.  Work attitude does not translate to home attitude. 
My job is a little stressful sometimes, so finding a way to flip the switch off when heading home is good. For me, it's listening to music that makes me happy and singing along to it on the way home that puts me in a better mood. Especially the lovey-dovey stuff.

5. When you argue, don't name call.
Okay so this is mainly him, but I know not to take it heart because he's also learning how to control what he says. I know he doesn't mean them and I do verbally express how it makes me feel. Good thing we don't argue all the time.

6. Find a happy-medium.
We will not always agree on things, understandable. So finding a way to compromise on things is a good start. Plus, you both will end up a little satisfied.

Marriage is definitely hard work sometimes. It's not always easy, but if you love each other, you find ways to make it work.

"Where there is love, there is life." -Mahatma Gandhi

Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment