Thursday, February 11, 2016

One happy thrifter

I can't explain how much I love thrift store shopping. My dad introduced it to me when I was younger (and it's when I bought my first Monopoly board using my own money that I earned while helping him recycle - CA style). Now, my parents have never been hard up for money, they just liked to shop at thrift stores and consignment shops.
Today, I proudly scour thrift stores for great picks for myself and my home. I got off work early today and decided to check out the Goodwill by our house after donating some things we no longer needed. RIGHT as I walked in I spotted a mannequin with this awesome long blazer in teal. And not too far behind it on a sweater rack was a forest green sweater. SCORE! Well, to me at least. Next, I checked out the books section, as always. I normally spend like 15-20min just looking through the books, but I was with my husband and I wanted to cut him some slack. As soon as I was about to leave, I came across the book "Dollface: A Novel of the Roaring Twenties" by Renee Rosen. Looked super awesome and the 20's always has always been a time frame that was intriguing to me.

Anyways, that's how my day has gone so far. Thrifting is one of my favorite things to do and always has been. I'm looking forward to my 4-day weekend :) Maybe another thrift store adventure soon?

Thanks for reading,


No comments:

Post a Comment