Tuesday, August 5, 2014

The Navy Chapter (in my life)

Yes, I've decided to join the Navy.

After years and years of telling my dad "NO!", it has finally turned into a "Yes!" (no, not because of my dad).

I've finally decided to do this for myself. I'm not getting younger and the jobs I keep stumbling upon just aren't fitting correctly like I feel they should. Sure, jobs aren't supposed to be exciting every day I guess, but I believe that when you find the right thing for you, it should feel like it fits. I feel like I'm also used to the military life and miss it; oh, and of course there's the possibility of traveling.

Now, this whole recruiting process has not been the easiest, but every move I've made has brought me one step closer to hopefully becoming a new sailor! I scored an 81 on my ASVAB, have most of my paperwork filled in, have my tattoos both approved (FINALLY! That's another story for later...), and have my MEPs Physical on Monday (wish me luck!). After I pass that (not trying to jinx it *knocks on wood*), I'll finally be able to pick a job and get a ship date for bootcamp. Unfortunately, I've seen that people aren't probably leaving until March 2015, which isn't bad seeing as how everyone is trying to join the military these days and they're down-sizing. Now...to keep in shape T~T For my height, I'm almost at my max weight, so I've gotta work on that. Which means, healthy eating and more green tea and water! NO: carbs, soda, sweet tea (OUCH), candy, etc.

I can do it, I know I can. I've been good with eating fruits, veggies, yogurt, drinking water, eating quinoa instead of rice, etc. I wish I wasn't so lazy in the making smoothies department >_<

Anyways, that's just a little update about my life. I'm still here in Jacksonville, I'll probably be putting up a super duper late post on the road trip my boyfriend and I took here from San Diego when he went and got me. It was a crazy experience, but it was amazing and I'm still absolutely in love with him :)

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment