Saturday, August 27, 2016

Blackberry & Banana Spice Cake

Okay, so totally didn't want to over-blog and look like a fat ass yesterday, BUT I did make something else. 

I met a woman a few weeks ago at a get-together and she brought a delicious cake that tasted looked and tasted like it would be super difficult for me to even try making.  ALAS, it was the complete opposite. Super easy and I'm not baker by any means. As we talked, she let me know that the cake was super simple to make. 

She explained that she used blackberries, blueberries, and bananas that were kind of on their way out from being fresh, so she threw them into a spice cake mix (which I found at the Walmart baking aisle for $1). So here's what I did (yeah, I threw away the box so this is going to be from memory).

Ingredients:
  • 1 container of blackberries
  • 1 medium/large sized banana
  • 1 box of spice cake mix
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/2 cup cooking oil (I used olive oil)
  • 1 cup of water

Instructions
  1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Place blackberries and banana in a bowl and mush together, yes mush. It was my cake and my hands were clean, so I used my fingers.
  3. Mix in cooking oil, water, and eggs. Stir together.
  4. Mix in spice cake mix. Now this should look pretty watery so don't freak out because it's going to make the cake moist in the end.
  5. Place in a pan. I say pan because you really can use whatever pan you want. The woman I met used a bundt cake pan and I used a loaf pan (the cheap disposable foil types).
  6. Cook for 35min. Okay for this part you've got to use your best judgement on how mushy you want the center to be. If you want a firmer cake, you may need to cook it for longer. Again, I used a loaf pan so that meant the inside of the cake was a bit mushier.


Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment