Thursday, July 23, 2015

New Tattoo ♡


Let's just take a moment to appreciate how much I love my new tattoo. It has taken me such a long time to approach actually getting a larger tattoo that isn't a group of words. I've been in love with floral designs for as long as I can remember. I won't lie, it's almost obsessive sometimes. I see a beautiful pattern or design and I just insta-fallinlove. Anyways, peonies. Peonies are gorgeous flowers. After doing a quick Google search on the symbolism of these flowers, I found the following:


"With their lush, full, rounded bloom, peonies embody romance and prosperity and are regarded as an omen of good fortune and a happy marriage." - teleflora

Well perfect, because I love all of the above.

I'm not going to be getting any color or shading done, because, well because I just don't want to. I love this beautiful line work, and how classy and elegant it looks (and makes me feel for that matter). I'd like to add that I love how much it resembles floral pieces that I've seen on traditional Japanese scroll art too. I lived in Japan two different times in my life for a total of about 8 years and it had such an impact in my life. So, instead of me blatantly representing Japan through cherry blossoms (which I did consider), it was emulated in the style of the tattoo - not on purpose, it's just how the tattoo artists decided to design the piece.

Overall, super duper happy.
There aren't enough words.

But, I did write a review: YELP! (under Cathrine C.)

Shout out to Nick Wagner from Black Hive Tattoo for the amazingness.

No comments:

Post a Comment